John Contractor
John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential
22184762

I have a Craftsman 18 g brad nailer, just stopped working,

I have a Craftsman 18 g brad nailer, just stopped working, when I press on the trigger, it blows a soft stream of air. Has worked fine for years, i'm in the middle of a project and it just stopped. Can't find the manual, can you direct me to a site that has the servicing directions. I have never done anything to the tool.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  John Contractor replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Did the Nailer just stop shooting nails ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I check the pressure, bleed the tank, reconnect the gun, check the safety linkage. When you pull the tricker a slight exhaust of air is heard, it worked fine before that have run about 50 brads today with no problems. Do these things need cleaning and lubrication, have never done it in the 18 years I have owned the gun.

Hello

They should not need any maintenance they are made so you dont have to do this, it sounds like you might have a jammed brad in the gun, Anyway you can go to Sears.com They have all types of Manuals for Craftsman products and you can download them right to your Computer they also have illustrations and a step by step guide for trouble shooting problems like the one you have with your gun.

Good Luck

Thank You

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could not fin a manual, Please provide an address/link so I can trouble shoot, I have checked, no jammed brad.

hello

Let me get back to you in 10/15 minutes, please and Thank You

Hello.

Sorry about that. Here are a few Sites that i use to get Stuff/Manuals when I am looking for something Specific and cant get them anywhere else. (1) Nailzone.com (2) alltradetools.com and (3) grizzly.com/images/manuals. Hope these will help you out.

Good Luck

Thank You.

John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience: Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential