John Contractor
John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential
22184762

Jewelry Expert - Ring marked 14k with a circle with an M i

Jewelry Expert - Ring marked 14k with a circle with an M inside?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  John Contractor replied 3 years ago.

Hello

I have some experience with gold and the marks used to designate the karats (I worked at a jewelers in Ireland for several years)....

Can I ask you a question ---

Where is the M in the circle located? Is it directly next to and on the right side of the 14k mark? Also, is the M in script (cursive writing) or is it a solid capital block letter?

--

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is directly next to the 14k and is in solid capital letter. Thanks

Hello.

The solid lettering here indicates that it is the hallmark - the mark of the manufacturer in the US. (A script M may have indicated a particular style, but because it is a solid block M that tells me it is the manufacturer's mark).

Because there are hundreds of companies that have made or still make gold jewelry it would be impossible to tell you which company made this piece without several hours of research on the internet.

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time. Even if you have placed a deposit or have otherwise paid Just Answer (such as through a monthly subscription service or through PayPal), I am not paid anything by this website until you press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON. The GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON is located on the bottom of or on the side of this ANSWER BOX.

THANK YOU !!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I knew they were the makers marks but was hoping to find out who the maker was?

Hello

I will opt out so you can put this back on the open list, sorry i could not help you.

Good Luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I apologize I should have made myself clearer. Thank you for taking the time to work on this with me.

Hello

Good Luck.

John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience: Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential