Charles
Charles, Engineering Contractor
Experience:  20+ years in most phases of construction
26609390

My electric fireplace start has the rattle sound. The noise

<p>My electric fireplace start has the rattle sound. The noise won't come up when I turn on it only come up once fire started. It sounds like the fan may have hitting something when it tuning. I open the bottom cover but can't see anything makes the noise and I have hard time to reach further to see inside of it. Everything else seems working except the noise. Any suggection?  </p><p>The fire place is turn on by electricity but run by propane</p>
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question!!

It sounds like the fan bearing is going bad. When cold it is tight. When it starts getting hot it will loosen up and make the noise your hearing.

Or, the blade itself could be getting loose and doing the same thing.

I hope this answers your question. If so please click the green accept button. If not im still here to assist you.

Thanks again,

Charles

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is there any way I can get in there to repair or tie it up myself? Or this is something I have to have technician to repair?

Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

To be quite honest, I would have a repairman doit. I dont like to see people try to repair things like heaters that can cause harm if not done right.

If you do decide to do it your self, I can try and help you with that. But I would need toe mod # XXXXX I could try to look it up on line. I need to see a picture of it.

Thanks again,

Charles