Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor
Experience:  35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
12492335

Craftsman All-in-One cutting tool parts not working. What to do?

Have Craftsman all-in-one cutting tool model  1 8 3 . 1 7 2 5 2 1. Have had it several years but used very little. Now have project that I need it - used for approx. 15 minutes- it stopped running and will not run even after cooling off. What are my options?

Hi and thanks for using justAnswer.com
After sitting for years the lubrication is likely oxidized to the point of creating friction instead of lubrication. Do you get a burning oder associated with the overheating?
The model number you provided pulls up as a router. Sleeve #1 and bearings 10 & 11 would be the points to clean of solidified lubricant. You can order new ones here:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Router-Parts/Model-183172521/0247/0740000/50022517/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=