Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler , General Contractor
Experience:  35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
12492335

Have Craftsman all-in-one cutting tool model 183.172521. Have

Have Craftsman all-in-one cutting tool modelNNN-NN-NNNN Have had it several years but used very little. Now have project that I need it - used for approx. 15 minutes- it stopped running and will not run even after cooling off. What are my options?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Stephen Cutler replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using justAnswer.com
After sitting for years the lubrication is likely oxidized to the point of creating friction instead of lubrication. Do you get a burning oder associated with the overheating?
The model number you provided pulls up as a router. Sleeve #1 and bearings 10 & 11 would be the points to clean of solidified lubricant. You can order new ones here:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Router-Parts/Model-183172521/0247/0740000/50022517/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

Edited by Stephen Cutler on 10/11/2010 at 11:51 PM EST

Hi, I see you closed your question after you received your required information. Did you realize that your accept did not post? I do not get paid for my answer to your question unless you post an accept by clicking the green accept button. Please click the green accept button. Thanks - Steve