Patrick, Construction Project Manager
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects

delta scald guard shower leak - I have replaced the cartridge

delta scald guard shower leak - I have replaced the cartridge a couple of times including the accompanying spring and washers. Seems to be fine for a while but eventually leaks. Drip, drip, drip!! Cartridge alone is over $25. I just want it to stop dripping. Is there a step or process I am missing in the installation? Seems pretty straightforward but I have applied no plumber's grease or anything else. Any ideas? Thank you.
OK. Take the cartridge and springs out and clean the valve body of any debris, gunk or mineral build up. White vinegar, a soft toothbrush and Q tips can be used to clean it. Make sure you have good, new valve washers and that the cartridge is good, new, springs etc...Get plumbers silicone lube, in a small tub, and lightly grease the inside of the valve body, O rings and washers. It is amazing what not lubing the O rings and washers does. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.