Patrick
Patrick , Construction Project Manager
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

delta scald guard shower leak - I have replaced the cartridge

delta scald guard shower leak - I have replaced the cartridge a couple of times including the accompanying spring and washers. Seems to be fine for a while but eventually leaks. Drip, drip, drip!! Cartridge alone is over $25. I just want it to stop dripping. Is there a step or process I am missing in the installation? Seems pretty straightforward but I have applied no plumber's grease or anything else. Any ideas? Thank you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Patrick replied 5 years ago.
OK. Take the cartridge and springs out and clean the valve body of any debris, gunk or mineral build up. White vinegar, a soft toothbrush and Q tips can be used to clean it. Make sure you have good, new valve washers and that the cartridge is good, new, springs etc...Get plumbers silicone lube, in a small tub, and lightly grease the inside of the valve body, O rings and washers. It is amazing what not lubing the O rings and washers does. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.