Inactive
Inactive, Electrician
Experience:  ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------
5968364

Having issues with my keyless remote pad mod#139.53684 . Entering

Having issues with my keyless remote pad mod#139.53684 .
Entering code will at times open door & other it will not. Replaced battery.
Removing from door it appears to work fine. It appears it may be button related???
My fobs all operate normal.
Have reprogramed code and if off the door it operates. Mount & it is intermittent.
Id this unit available?
It has FCC ID HBW1216
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Inactive replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Electric Doctor :

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer Electrical. My name is XXXXX XXXXX (Electric Doctor) and I will be assisting you with your question.

Electric Doctor :

Can you tell me how old this unit is?

Customer :

Garage door opener was installed March 31,2001. The remote about the same time.

Electric Doctor :

Ok this is very typical of units that are exposed to the elements for a prolonged period of time, and for the age of the unit. Just recently I had the same exact problem with mine and it was only 5 years old. Your only recourse at this point is to replace it with a new one. You can pick one up from any Home Depot of Lowes.

Electric Doctor :

Being that this is one big electronic board - the buttons become worn and allot of grime builds up on it. The solder joints break etc so that is why its just best to replace it.

Customer :

Craftsman does not carry this any more??

Customer :

What about the Freq of the unit

Electric Doctor :

You dont need to get a craftsman. You can simply get a universal unit from any home improvement store. You will just need to reprogram it.

Electric Doctor :

Any universal unit will work with your garage door unit.

Customer :

OK I will give that a try. I was concerned about the compatibility issue..

Electric Doctor :

You wont have any. Universals are made to work with all of them. Again any home improvement store will have it, and you will have many choices depending on what style and look you want.

Customer :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it..

Electric Doctor :

Good deal.

Electric Doctor :

If you need anything further please be sure to let me know.

Inactive, Electrician
Experience: ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------