Inactive
Inactive , Electrician
Experience:  ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------
5968364

We had Power Off failure of the controller of our law

We had "Power Off" failure of the controller of our lawn sprinkler system. The controller is a "Rain Bird ESP-6PM. The transformer was confirmed as being O.K. We changed tDhe fuse, albeit the old one tested as OK. We also changed the after which t he "Power Off" signal turned off.

The problem no w is the system station valves do not turn on. We have entered the desired program.

Any suggestions ?

Thank You!!

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Electric Doctor :

How old is the unit?

Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
If you have had a power off failiure - it is very likely that your system was hit by a power surge. When this happens, it is likely that the circuit board that controls the relays to turn on/off have now malfunctioned. Unfortunately there is no way to fix this as it is all internal on the circuit board.

If you want to test this theory, all you need to do is by pass the controller taking the 24v wiring from the board and connecting it directly to one of your valve wires. If that zone turnes on, then the unit is bad and will need to be replaced.

Please reply back to this post if you need further assistance:

*Please press the ACCEPT button if my answer has solved your problem.
* Ask as many questions as you need until you fully understand
* Please remember to leave "Positive Feedback" if you are satisfied with my answer
* 100% customer satisfaction is my goal for you

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:25:11 PM