Patrick
Patrick, Construction Project Manager
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

I used road millings to improve my gravel driveway, spread

I used road millings to improve my gravel driveway, spread at 6" depth. It was rolled repeatedly with a mid sized ride-on vibrating roller, and a few times with a gigantic (7' wide dual drums, 15+ ton) street roller, so its pretty well compacted. What should I be applying to it next? Is there a product I can apply that will bind/solidify the millings?
Thanks
Dave
Liquid asphalt tack coating would be appropriate as a binder. Some states have restrictions on the use of asphalt millings. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is NJ one of those states?
Yes. Copy and paste the following into your address bar and you will get the NJ information regarding this. With a tack coat it appears you should be good. Read through it for your circumstances. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dshw/rrtp/asphalt.htm
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did not know such regs existed.

Thank you for helping me avoid what I'm certain a rotten neighbor would have made into a huge headache for me!

You are welcome. Thanks for using Just Answer.