John Contractor
John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential

CEAR JAM ON BRAD NAILER 6G28/F50 CRFTSMAN I purchased a

CEAR JAM ON BRAD NAILER 6G28/F50 CRFTSMAN

I purchased a some days ago at Sears in Lebanon NH a 2" Craftsman brad nailer 6G28/F50
When the brad nailer jams I tried to follow the instractions on the booklet.
On page 6 "Clearing a jam from the tool" point 3
I read
< undo hook by pushing down on the button on the side of the magazine. The button will disengage the hook from the nose...
the door can now be rotated and so on... >.

The problem is that I do not see any suitable button to push.

Vittorio

Grantham NH
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Joan-Mod replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.
Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.
Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Best,
Joan
Moderator
Expert:  John Contractor replied 3 years ago.

Hello -- above is a picture of a Craftsman Brad Nailer 6G28/F50. At the front of the gun, on the magazine, is a lever or button that you pull down, after pulling down lever lift up the disengaging face and then it should be open at that point so that you can clean the blockage in your magazine.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time

THANK YOU

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear XXXXX
I send hereafter a picture of my brad nailer. As you can see clearly is a model similar to the one in your picture but not the same. The code on the nailer 6G28/F50 is the same. I have a booklet of instructions with a drawing like the picture I am sending you, but the wording of the instructions refers to something that does not exist on my real tool.
Particularly you can see that her is no lever or button on the nose.
I bought this nailer in bundle with the cheap 3 EVOLV air compressor. I think that the nailer is a simplified version without the system of clearing jams.

Regard

Vittorio

graphic
Hello. I took a closer look at your model above and on-line, and I see your point that there does not appear to be a separate lever to open the faceplate to get at the area of potential jamming. My suggestion is to remove the 3 screws on the front of the gun on the face, clear out the jam, and put the plate and screws back on. This seems to be a lot of trouble, I agree, and if it is still fairly new and you have the receipt you might want to take it back to the store and exchange it for a model that actually has the levers on it (the store will let you open the boxes to examine the tools before you purchase).
John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience: Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential