Rich, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 35 years construction and home maintenance experience

i have little tiny bugs flying around my house. They are ti

i have little tiny bugs flying around my house. They are tiny and seem to fly around people. I don't see them in large numbers, but are pests. The house is generally clean. they are not fleas -- I've had the cat checked, and use product to keep him flea free, as prescribed. Where are they coming from and how do I get rid of them? they do not look like typical fruit flies. They don't bite.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rich replied 6 years ago.

Hello .. they sound like drain flies .. these little guys just show up and are really annoying .. they breed in the residue that accumulates in the sink trap and in the drain pipes near the trap .. the grease and stuff there is their environment .. if you get rid of the residue , you will also get rid of the flies ..

thoughts, concerns, please get back to me ..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do I get rid of the residue?
Expert:  Rich replied 6 years ago.

You could take the trap off the drain pipe and wash it out , and using a rag or bottle brush type brush to clean the sink drain .. or you could also use a product like draino foaming drain snake to clear out the drain ..

thoughts, concerns?