Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor
Experience:  35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
12492335

how do I draw a home fire evacuation floor plan for children

how do I draw a home fire evacuation floor plan for children to understand easily
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Stephen Cutler replied 6 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Draw a floorplan of your home to scale. Color the hallways, stairways to be used bright yellow. Color window to grade locations in bright yellow as well. Paste a small picture of each child in their bedroom. Use black arrows from the picture to outside. Tell them it is like a treasure map and the treasure is outside, but they must follow the map. See what happens. Correct them if the make a wrong turn. Repeat until they get it right.

I hope that this information was helpful to you. If it was please remember to click "ACCEPT" on your screen to make sure that I am paid for my efforts. By clicking ACCEPT you are not giving up your ability to ask more questions pertaining to this subject, and I will be happy to respond to these as well. Please take a moment and leave feedback, it is very important!