electrifier
electrifier, Electrical and Mechanical Inspector
Experience:  24 years as an Electrical Contractor and Electrical and Mechanical Inspector.
13036330

How many showers will a 50 gallon electric hot water heater

How many showers will a 50 gallon electric hot water heater provide?

How many showers will an 80 gallon electric hot water heater provide?

Which would you recommend for a 3 bathroom ski condo?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  electrifier replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Bob - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

It all depends on the recovery rate of the water heaters as well as the volume of water used for each shower. If you use a lower volume shower head you get more showers out of the water heaters. If they are the same wattage and you get 2 1/2 showers out of the 50 gallon heater then you will get 4 out of the 80 gallong heater. If your full flow shower head is replaced by a new low volume shower head you might double your shower capacity as you cut the water volume in half. If shorter showers are taken the number will increase as well. Shower habits, shower head volume, wattage of heating elements all contribute to the number of showers available. When the 80 gallon runs out of hot water it will take longer to heat it back to temperature. There is more water to heat. If you keep the water hotter in the heater you will get more showers as you will use more cold and less hot in the mixing process in the shower valve.<br />I hope this helps give you a better understanding of your situation and the answer to your question. There is no exact answer with all the variables. Feel free to come back for further discussion if you like.

• If you need further clarification on anything I posted, please don't hesitate to ask
  • 100% customer satisfaction is my goal