Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler , General Contractor
Experience:  35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
12492335

how far apart can piers be on a pier and beam foundation house

Customer Question

how far apart can piers be on a pier and beam foundation house will be 20`x24`
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Stephen Cutler replied 7 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.
This will depend on the construction details-concrete mix- size-rebar-depth-footings- of the piers,the soil conditions, and the construction details of the beam- size-rebar-concrete mix. All of these are determined by a soil site survey, engineering analysis, and the engineers determination which will be stipulated and the document stamped by the engineer. It is not possible to guess these parameters.
I hope that this information was helpful to you. If it was please remember to click "ACCEPT" on your screen to make sure that I am paid for my efforts. By clicking ACCEPT you are not giving up your ability to ask more questions pertaining to this subject, and I will be happy to respond to these as well. Please take a moment and leave feedback, it is very important!