Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

the screen door is new the gap at the bottom is 2 what can

the screen door is new the gap at the bottom is 2" what can we get to close the gap this at a senior place where my mother is 84 and the gap must be covered so the chipmuks would come in. In the winter the cement will rise to where she can not get out here apartment. I'm go to the board meeting to tonight and would some answers to take with me
Thank You Teresa
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.
Hi Theresa
If this is an aluminum door there is usually an extension that can can be dropped down to close the gap. This is usually already attached to the bottom of the door and can be extended simply by loosening a couple screws and dropping it down. The weather stripping at the bottom of the door is attached to it. If it is a wood door you could install a wide door sweep that swings up out of the way when the door is opened. This type of weather stripping is a little harder to find but many local hardware stores still carry it.