Home Improvement Jay
Home Improvement Jay, General Contractor
Experience:  Construction, mold remediator and pest control
14716023

how do you put a mirror on the back of a dresser

Customer Question

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Larry YB replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i just got a mirror and dresser peice and i lost the directions so i need to know step by step how to do eveything like with the metal tracks and srues

Expert:  Larry YB replied 5 years ago.
does this mirrow have like legs that the mirrow sets on the dressor and the legs of the mirrow set behind
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no it dos not have legs it has the mirrior than a some wood around the mirrior.. and two metal tracks on the bottom

Expert:  Larry YB replied 5 years ago.
it should have per set taps for the mounting of the mirrow ,,,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it dos not .. it only has 2 metal rales. the look like tracks

Expert:  Home Improvement Jay replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer!

Lay the mirror face down on the floor or bed and attach the two metal rails to the wood frame of the mirror. Put one rail on each side of the mirror frame for support. Take your screws and screw them through the metal rail and into the wood frame of the mirror. Be sure that you do not use screws that are too long and protrude through the other side or hit the mirror itself. The track should now be attached to the back of the mirror and make sure that you have left enough track below the mirror frame to attach to the dresser itself.

Next, set the mirror on top of the dresser (centered). While another person holds the mirror frame in place, go ahead and take some more screws and screw them through the metal track and into the frame of the dresser. You should now have the two metal tracks screwed into the back of the dresser and the back frame of the mirror. Be careful when moving the dresser back in place, it is common for the mirror to still wobble back and forth, but it is secure.

If this has been helpful, please click the green accept icon.
Jay T.