Angelo
Angelo, General Contractor
Experience:  Over 38 years experience of all the trades & types of residential building and remodeling.

my veritas 8 burglar alarm has gone haywire after an abnormal

Customer Question

my veritas 8 burglar alarm has gone haywire after an abnormal power interrupt; it is continually beeping how do I reset the sytem and get it back to normal?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Angelo replied 5 years ago.

Try disconnecting it from the main power supply. Either the breaker, fuse or any other way it is primarily connected. Just for a minute or so.

This should allow it to re-set & solve the problem.

I hope that this information is helpful, and if so that you'll please click "ACCEPT" as this is how I get paid for my time in answering questions.
Please feel free to ask additional related questions.

Angelo, General Contractor
Experience: Over 38 years experience of all the trades & types of residential building and remodeling.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried your solution for 1 and ahalf minutes situation the same the green ower light is on also the system unset light is lit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried your solution for 1 and ahalf minutes situation the same the green power light is on also the system unset light is lit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
While I appreciate your answer it hasn't provided a solution please try again
Expert:  Angelo replied 5 years ago.

2.5 Commissioning the System (Initial Power Up)

ALWAYS Ensure the mains is off BEFORE removing the front cover

Connect the black battery lead to the negative (-) terminal of the standby battery and the

red battery lead to the positive (+) terminal of the standby battery. All the indicator lights

will come on. After 10 seconds the zone lights will turn off and a repeating 9 bleep error

tone will start.

Enter the factory set User code . The error tone will stop.

Enter the factory set Engineer code  and press to access the

Programming Menu and disable 24 Hour zones (Fire, PA and Tamper) via the Engineer

code. All the zone lights will illuminate.

Perform a Walk Test as described in section 3.5, page 25. Remember that some

powered detectors (e.g. PIRs and Combined Technology Detectors) take several

minutes to warm up and become operational.

Test the internal sounder, external sounder and strobe as described in section 3.4, page

24. To adjust the low-level volume use the control 'pot' on the PCB (see section 2.4.1,

page 8), loudness increases anti-clockwise. If the system fails to operate as expected

check that the mounting and wiring are as per the instructions.

Correct any mistakes and repeat the test (see section 2.7, page 17 on Trouble

Shooting).

Replace the lid and secure with the two lid screws supplied - do not over-tighten.

Replace the screw covers.

Press  to leave the Programming Menu. All the zone lights will turn off.

The Power light will be flashing to indicate that action is required. Switch on the mains

supply to the control panel. The Power light will stop flashing and stay on continuously.

If the factory settings (section 1.1.2, page 5) are not appropriate then re-program the

system as described in section 3, page 20.

If you have a meter:

• Disconnect the battery & check the total non-alarm current is less than 1A.
  • Reconnect the battery & check the total alarm current is not more than 1A.

The total current is measured as follows:

• Set your meter to DC current.
  • Connect your meter across F5 (power supply fuse).
  • Remove F5.
  • Record the current drain.
  • Replace F5.
  • Remove your meter.

To avoid accidentally powering down the system be sure to follow all the above

steps in order.

Installation is now complete and the system is ready for use.

1) If the battery is flat or faulty the RKP may not accept key presses.

2) When the system is full set, after the exit period, the external strobe will flash for

approximately 6 seconds (this option can be de-selected

Expert:  Angelo replied 5 years ago.

try this link for the operators manual.

Veritas 8,R8 and Compact Installation Manual

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

eventually called engineer discovered battery completely zapped he did a service and all is well