MJ
MJ, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect, LEED® AP, NCARB Certified, M.Arch degree, 12+ years experience
13403057

My area rug (layed on carpet) keeps bunching up after I put

My area rug (layed on carpet) keeps bunching up after I put the furniture back on top (king bed/2 bedside tables). It has an underlay (separate) which bunches up also.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  MJ replied 8 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your question.
I will try to help with some suggestions:

You said that you have a separate underlay already. You may want to try a different type, such as a non-skid "Teebaud" or "Durahold" underlay: http://www.teebaud.com/techdes.htm
http://www.wolfeflooring.com/OnlineStore/group.asp?group_id=656&category_id=12

A less expensive option that is sometimes successful (depends somewhat on the texture and material of the carpet and rug involved) is to put strips of double-stick carpet tape (such as is sold in Home Depot or hardware stores) on the underside of your rug. This tape needs to be replaced every now and again, but is less expensive than a good quality non-skid pad, especially for a large rug.

I hope this helps - please feel free to ask related questions.
Please click "Accept" as this is how I get paid for answering questions! Thank you.