Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener

how do i get super glue off of fabric

how do i get super glue off of fabric?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What fabric is the super glue on?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The super glue is on a green denim jacket. I tried to adhere a patch to the jacket without success. (dumb me) It ended up getting on the patch and the jacket.
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.

Super Glue can be removed with an acetone based fingernail polish remover or acetone itself. There are better glues that can be used to attach a patch. Liquid Thread Glue available at most places that sell sewing supplies and many craft stores works very well. It may take several treatments of the acetone to get the super glue out. There are also products called super glue removers that will also remove the super glue.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Edward, Handyman
Experience: Handyman, Master Gardener