Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler , General Contractor
Experience:  35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
12492335

I would like to purchase the thermal dry basement floor matting

I would like to purchase the thermal dry basement floor matting myself to install on our own. Where can I purchase them, without going through the dealer that wants to charge an arm and a leg to purchase and install.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Stephen Cutler replied 7 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Your best bet is to find the brand name of the product(exact spelling) and manufacturer's name. It should be printed on the produce or a brochure for the product. See if the manufacturer's site lists what material the product is composed of. Then do a search on http://www.dogpile.com/ for that material. It should pull up all the suppliers & manufacturers of this material & product. Also do a search on the brand name of the product. This will give you a list of retailers & discounters. Tip: on search results, look at the botXXXXX XXXXXne(URL) of the hit. Skip Amazon, Price match, or any of the ad agency type listings. You're looking for URLs like "Shell Chemical, Dow Chemical, ???floor matting direct, etc. The manufacturer can direct you to a retailer(local & online) that won't charge you an arm & a leg AND insist on doing the install.

Feel free to ask all the questions you need to, as long as it pertains to this subject. Clicking on the accept button does not end your question session. It only transfers funds to me for answering your questions. You need to click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen. You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

If my information was helpful click the ACCEPT button. Please take a moment and leave feedback, it is very important! Thanks for using JustAnswer.com Steve

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate your timely response, however I still do not have a solution to my question. The search engine you suggested just took me to the same response that I found googling ThermalDry Basement Floor Systems. I thought you would get me the answer as to where I can purchase these tiles myself. It is a raised basement sub floor you use before putting down carpet. You suggested a different serch engine. Sorry I still do not have an answer.
Can you give me the product's marketing name & the name of who manufacture's it? I'd bee happy to do the search for you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ThermalDry is the name of the manufacturer. Total Basement Finishing is the contractor that installs the system. The full name isXXXXX Matting. In the meantime I called the dealer to see if they would be willing to sell me the product without a warranty of course and intall it ourselves. I am waiting for a return call, the answer may be no.
I'll find it for you now- back ASAP- Steve

http://www.bobvila.com/Showrooms/Basement_Systems/

I'm still looking but came across this. You did not mention floor drain system, but it is part of the process prior to ThermalDry's polypropylene subfloor tile installation. Makes sense otherwise the floor would just "fill up" eventually.- Back to looking for you - Steve

I finally found a site that says the ThermalDry product is licensed dealers/installers only. No HomeDepot/Lowes etc. I did find out that it is a polypropylene subfloor tile (generic name). I did a search under that and came up with 2 manufacturer/supplier sites- 1 with polypropylene tile & 1 with heavy duty polypropylene in a roll format which has 5/16" air space via "dimples". They all use dimples/cones

http://coverdeck.com/products/flex-tiles.html

http://www.spycor.com/Cosella_Dorken_DELTA_FL_Sub_Floor_for_Concrete_p/dlfl.htm&Click=310?gclid=CK-lnLbqzJYCFQVuswodRzkExg

Plastic injection molding is so simple that the guy who came up with the ThermalDry "name" started a franchise and makes his own tiles.-

I hope I have provided you with enough information to comparison shop in the polypropylene market, and the additional information on draining will save you from a big Oops.

Feel free to ask all the questions you need to, as long as it pertains to this subject. Clicking on the accept button does not end your question session. It only transfers funds to me for answering your questions. You need to click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen. You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer. Thanks again for using just answer- Steve