Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor
Experience:  35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
12492335

My Weil-Mclain boiler furnace is in latch-up,how do I get my

My Weil-Mclain boiler furnace is in latch-up,how do I get my furnace to start.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

What is the model number of the furnace?

When was the last time the furnace was professionally serviced?

What is the age of the furnace?

What fuel does the furnace use?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you have a digital camera that you could use to send pictures of the furnace if needed?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX 180,,,p-wgo-3,it uses #2 fuel,we just rent so I don't know how old it is but it looks fairly new.The furnace started up but I decided to bleed the system and then it just shut off.I'v tried resetting 2 different reset buttons,and tried turning it off and on.The furnace isa Weil-Mclain boiler furnace.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The amber ,and red light are staying on
Expert:  Edward replied 7 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When we first had the tank outside filled,the main switch was off,I flipped the switch and the furnace came on,then shut off.so I pushed the reset buttonand opened the bleeder,a little air came out but thats when the furnace shut down and both lights came on .
Expert:  Stephen Cutler replied 7 years ago.

I do not have any info on that system either, but here's some free info. If there is a saftey cutout for excessive system pressure, AND you have high water pressure, AND while bleeding the system yo left the fill on after closing the bleeder screw- you may have introduced enough cold water, at street pressure, that would expand upon heating and trip the saftey. Try leaving the fill valve closed and open a bleeder screw at the highest point to relieve overfilling. Make sure your air bladder has the proper amount of air in it. It's purpose is to relieve cold to hot expansion.-

Just saw your post that you were not bleeding the system, but rather the fuel line.

The system would shut down if you opened the bleeder. It would also shut down if it gets air. With the air removed & the bleeder closed it should fire up

Stephen Cutler, General Contractor
Experience: 35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you ,you were right,I turned the water off and let some water out pressed the reset button and it fired right up.