Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, General Contractor
Experience:  35 years of troubleshooting construction, remodel, component & material failures. What to do next
12492335

How do you wash pillows without ruining them

Customer Question

How do you wash pillows without ruining them?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Stephen Cutler replied 7 years ago.

Hi, & thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Are these every day bed pillows, or some exotic fabric & filler?

Assuming they,re every day pillows:

Put 2 or 3 in the washer - their sides down - space evenly for balancing purposes. Add 1/2 cup detergent. If you have a bleach dispenser, add 1/2 cup bleach to the dispenser-Do Not pour bleach on the pillows. Set on delicate wash. Listen for banging indicating the pillows have moved out of balance. If the have, stop the washer and re distribute the load. Dry in dryer high heat or hang outside to dry. Down pillows must be drycleaned.

Feel free to ask all the questions you need to, as long as it pertains to this subject. Clicking on the accept button does not end your question session. It only transfers funds to me for answering your questions. You need to click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen. You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

If my information was helpful click the ACCEPT button. Please take a moment and leave feedback, it is very important! Thanks for using JustAnswer.com Steve

How did you make out cleaning your pillows?