The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

How do I fix a glass coffee table with metal legs there is

Customer Question

How do I fix a glass coffee table with metal legs there is some sort of glue or epoxy left on the table. I found this question was asked to you before. Can you help me?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Robert B replied 7 years ago.

Are you trying to remove the glue from the glass?

What part of the table is broken?

Robert B, General Contractor
Experience: 20 years in commercial general contracting plus numerous home improvement projects
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The table is not broken. 2 legs and one support piece came undone. I want to repair it. There are three points where it was glued. I don't know what type of glue to use. I purchased liquid nails but I don't know if it will be strong enough. All the epoxy's I looked at will dry yellow not clear my table is a clear glass.
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 7 years ago.

Hi biglew;

Ther are two part anarobic epoxies that are made for securing automotive mirrors to glass that dry clear. These are available at any automotive parts house.

The Liquid Nails will only make a big mess of things. You are correct also it is not strong enough.

You may ask all the questions you need to as long as it pertains to this subject.

You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience: #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will this be strong enough for a coffee table?

Yes more than enough. Consider that the glue has top hold up to many years of yanking on it, bumping into it, things hung from it, cold, heat, etc. The table legs also tend to have a bigger foot print than a mirror post.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy