The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

HOW DOES ONE REMOVE THE BALLAST COVER PLATE FROM AN AMERICAN

HOW DOES ONE REMOVE THE BALLAST COVER PLATE FROM AN AMERICAN LIGHTING UNDERCABINET LIGHT TL208?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Is the unit presently mounted to the cabinet?

If not you will need to remove it and disconnect the wires. Place the wire nuts back on the wires coming out from the wall for safety.

Youi will need to lay it on the counter just like it mounts. There should be two or three small phillips head screws that you will have to remove. The unit should open up then.

If this is not the case and there are no screws visable then use your fingernail and rub over any lables that are on the back of the light. Feel for any depressions about 1/4" in diameter. Punch through the lable and the screw should be under there.

If that proves fruitless then the unit is a snap fit type. Visually inspect the unit and determin where the two halves come apart. Use a small pocket screw driver (flat tip) and begin slipping it into the crack where the parts meet. gently pry the halfs apart till you find out how they come apart. Unfortunatly this is usually right about when you break one of the snap locks, But dont dispare. Once you break one you know how not to get the rest apart.

If you stll cant get it apart then it would help if I could see what you see. If you have a digital camera then I can tell you how to upload a picture or two to our servers here at JA. You can even do this sooner if you like and I will most likely be able to tell you where to pry and in what direction if it is a snap fit type.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.
You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.
If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me before you accept.
Feedback is how we make sure we provide the best answers available.
Please click on the "Leave Feedback" link after you have accepted. A simple "good job" is all it takes.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience: #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience