Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

I need to close off a window, width 3 feet, height 5 feet.

I need to close off a window, width 3 feet, height 5 feet. House is block construction. Can I close off with 2 x 4''s plywood, and insulation?

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. Yes, that should work very well for closing off the opening. I can see no problem framing it with 2x4s, adding the insulation and covering the area with plywood.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer. It is done this way all the time.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That's good news, will it be difficult to draw after the fact permit for this?
What is your zip code? Have you tried contacting the building inspection for your location?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
33712.

Edward, There is no problem accepting your answer, I'm afraid of losing contact with you - I'm computer chanllenged.

The information you are seeking can be found by clicking here. If after reviewing the information provided in the links you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how can I reach you after I close out of this?
You do not need to accept the answer until you are sure your question is answered. Responding to this post will get my response.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how do i log back on?
Copy this link to open this question. http://home-garden.justanswer.com/questions/18iwy-question-htm. You likely will not need to log back in, but I will ask for administration to provide you may additional information you may need to log back in.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tks, last question, will what we did pass code?

I believe that it will pass code but I can not guarantee this since the building inspector has the last word. You would need to check with the building inspection department to be sure.

Regards,

Edward