The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience

Is it possible to replace a Beckett model AFG oil burner ...

Is it possible to replace a Beckett model AFG oil burner with a gas burner for a hot water heating system? If so, what beyond replacing the burner is involved?

Are you wanting to convert the Becket to burn natural gas or comopletly replace it with a unit that is gas powered?

Awaiting your reply; THS

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: THS,

I'm basically trying to figure out if I can keep my boiler but either replace or convert the burner from burning oil to burning natural gas. If it helps, my boiler is a Vaillant.

Thanks for any input you may have,
Ok Eric. I do not think this is possible but i will research it this evening after work. Sorry for the delay but unfortunatly the paint wont go on the walls by itself =(

Ok according to the manufacturer these are the minimum requirements to install a Beckett model CG-10 gas unit into your fire box. To install the gas unit the firebox must neet the below specs or it can not be used.

In addition to the new unit you will need to provide a gas source, as well as electricity (120V) at the machine.

Other than this there is no reason that you can not change over to natural gas for your heating needs.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.