Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I had bath fitters install a tub six years ago. there is ...

I had bath fitters install a tub six years ago. there is now water under the liner because some of the corking came away from the wall. I think if I remove the drain thing (sorry, don''t know the terminology for that) I can drain the water out but I don''t know how to do that. Any suggestions?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer. If interested, Click here to view my credentials.

Removing the drain may help. You will need to also find out how the water is getting behind the liner and try to fix that, to prevent further problems. Most drains are threaded into the drain fitting below it, but first remove the stopper, which is often threaded in; remove it by turning counter-clockwise with pliers. There are often cross members to reinforce the drain and these can be used to turn the drain out, with a pair of pliers. Sometimes a hammer and a blunt object is needed to get it started. The drain needs to to be turned counter-clockwise to remove. Here is a picture of a typical drain.

graphic

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please reply to this post.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon, if you are completely satisfied with my answer

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK; it is important to me

BONUSES are appreciated

This is a FEE based website & your payment allows us to be here for you