Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

how do i dye my leather sofa black

No Comment Added
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

You can dye leather pretty easily and I would recommend doing this outdoors, if possible. You basically clean the surfaces, then dampen them with water, apply the dye and allow to dry, and then buff and apply a leather finish.

Click here to learn more.

If you need further help or clarification on this question, please reply to this post.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon, if you are completely satisfied with my answer

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK; it is important to me

BONUSES are appreciated

This is a FEE based website & your payment allows us to be here for you

Brian, Architect
Experience: Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what kind of dye should i use? where can i get it?
Expert:  Brian replied 6 years ago.

I would get a leather dye which you could find at your local fabric/ craft store. A fabric store will be more likely to have samples of dyed leather. You can also buy it online, but it is hard to judge the final color that you will get; with black you may be alright though.

Best of Luck, Brian

BONUSES are appreciated

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have looked online and can only find shoe leater dye?
Expert:  Brian replied 6 years ago.

You may have to look under leather stains:

Here are a couple that I found:

Click Here

Click Here

Best of Luck, Brian

BONUSES are appreciated