Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

I have a thermal zone furnace and it is giving me an ...

Customer Question

I have a thermal zone furnace and it is giving me an error of pressure switch is stuck open. How do you reset this?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the furnace?

When was the last time the furnace was professionally serviced?

What is the age of the furnace?

What fuel does the furnace use?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Do you have a digital camera that you could use to send pictures of the furnace if needed?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot locate the model of the furnace. It is a gas frnace, it is five years old. It is a Thermal Zone high efficiency furnace. I have tried checking the exhaust pipe and it is clear and there is no moisture in the drain lines. It is giving me a blinking red light on the circuit board and it is blinking twice. This code is on the cover plate as saying the pressure switch is stuck open. I believe it was proffessionally serviced two years ago.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
To reset the furnace just cut the power to the furnace and then turn it back on.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

If this does not correct the problem let me know and we can continue.

Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

The problem is often caused a dirty air filter of something blocking the air flow of the furnace. Click here for more information on the pressure switch.

Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Another expert has just told me the site I linked you to will be down until Monday. I will provide you the information about the pressure switch. The pressure switch is connected to the draft inducer by a hose. If this hose becomes disconnected or gets dirt inside the hose it will cause the pressure switch to shut down the furnace. After 3 attempts to start the furnace will go into lock out and a power reset will be needed to reset the furnace. You will need to make sure this hose is free of any foreign matter. Do not blow into the hose while it is attached to the pressure switch. This will damage the switch. Once the ports and the hose is clear, hook the hose back up and the furnace should operate as it is designed to operate.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave positive feedback.

Thank you The Home Smithy for letting me know about the link. Smile

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: I tried that before I e-mailed you guys and it did not work. I turned off the switch next to the furnace and I also tried the flipping the breaker.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

What is the age of the furnace?

What fuel does the furnace use?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: I tried disconnecting the hose from the pressure switch and looking for blockage and ther was no blockage. I also looked for moisture in the lines and there was not any and the furnace still does not work. Anymore ideas??
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

What is the age of the furnace?

What fuel does the furnace use?