Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

Hi, I have a Nortron series B electric furnace,my ...

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Nortron series B electric furnace,my problem is the fan will not shut off. I changed the motor due to a bad bearing, all three sequncers have been changed and both the 24 volt and 240 volt relays have been changed. The fan control switch checks out ok. help.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Is this a combination AC and heater?

What is the model number of the furnace?

When was the last time the furnace was professionally serviced?

What is the age of the furnace?

Do you have a digital camera that you could use to send pictures of the furnace if needed?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: Hi Edward,
The model number is XXXXX and it's just the heater. A professional service man has spent a total of six hours over the last week trying to solve the problem and is no further ahead, he just keeps putting new parts in to see if it fixes the problem,$$$$ The furnace is 15 years old and yes I do have a digitl camera if that helps.
If you go on Nortron web search you will find an electrical schematic that is the same as mine.

Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

My first advice is to get a new furnace service man. The parts can and should be checked before replacing them. You should never be charged for a part that does not correct the problem. If you have a combination AC heater and have a fan switch make sure it is on auto not manual. I have seen the fan switch on the thermostat cause the problem. Disconnecting the wires on the thermostat is a very easy to check for this possibility. From what you have told me about the service man I do not have much faith in his test procedures. My first though is a defective fan switch or a sequencer. It is possible to get a defective new one. Click here and here for information on testing components on your furnace. If you could provide me a link to the electrical schematic that is the same as yours it might help.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave positive feedback.