Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

Where can I find replacement knobs for an old wall heater.

Where can I find replacement knobs for an old wall heater. The only sticker on the wall heater says "Hammel". The knob needs to be a square on the inside. Any ideas where I can find replacement knobs?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Could you explain your situation a little more?

Do you have the original knob?

Could you send a picture of the knob or where it belogs on the heater?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have one original knob. It goes on the front of the wall heater to turn it on. It is just a round knob and on the inside of the knob is a square shape. Everywhere I've been in town that has knobs, the insides are a half circle like for stoves and ovens. I can email you a picture tommorrow.
Thanks, Julie
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Julie,

Thanks for your reply. I may not find the exact replacement for the knob but I am sure we can locate one that will work. As soon as I get the picture I will reply. To send a picture you will need to your profile and activate your advanced posting tools if you do not see the icon in the bar above your reply box..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I won't be available until later today to send the picture.
Thank you, Julie
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
When ever you get a chance will be fine. Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm trying to fiqure out how to send you the picture.graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are yo able to see the knob okay? I noticed that there is a glare on the picture.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
The first picture can through fine. I need a picture of the back of the knob if possible.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
These are fine could you send one more with a side view? It may take me a little time to locate the knob but I should have the answer shortly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Here is a picture of the side view.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

What is the width of the knob?

If you can get a measurement on the square opening that would be helpful.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The square is a 1/4 inch. Hopefully you will have some good news for me soon.

Thanks, Julie

Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
What about the measurement across the knob itself?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the width of the knob is 1 10/16 across.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

The closest I can find is the knob below.

graphic

It is 1 1/2 inches in diameter which is 1/8 inches smaller than your knob. It has a set screw in the side that can be tightened to hold it on the shaft. Color is black but it could be spray painted white if desired. The cost is $3.14 plus shipping and handling. It can be ordered by clicking here.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave feedback.

Edward, Handyman
Experience: Handyman, Master Gardener