Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

When I flush my toilet or drain my tub, I hear a gurgling ...

Customer Question

When I flush my toilet or drain my tub, I hear a gurgling sound in the sink and there is a mild bad odor coming from the sink. Is this normal? Thank you Tonya
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. No, this is not normal. You have a clogged plumbing vent pipe, which the gurgling sound is a very good indication of. The plumbing vent can get clogged with various items, from animal and birds to leaves. THe video below will explain the system and what is needed to clear the clog.

Click here if you cannot view the video.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave feedback.