The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

My Amana Refrigerator/Freezer just stopped working. It is ...

My Amana Refrigerator/Freezer just stopped working. It is only a few years old. Is there a reset button or way to start it back up? Everything is melting!~
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Im sorry but there is not a reset buttonm that you can push to get it running again. What you can try is unplugging the unit for a few minuits. Plug it back in and hope for the best.

Another thing you can do is pull the unit away from the wall and unplug it. Use a vacuume and clean out all the area under the unit and the grill on the back. Get all the dust and other crud out of it. Once you have done this look for a big oval shaped thing and feel it. if it is hot then you need to let it cool off. A fan will help this considerably. Once it is cooled off (slightly warm is ok) plug the unit back in. There is a internal overheat protector on most units that will reset on its own.

If the unit still doesn't work then a repair call will be needed.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with. I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.