Brian
Brian , Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

why is my grout drying lighter than color on box

Customer Question

the color on the box matches my tiles when it is wet it matches when it is dry it is much lighter
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Unfortunately, grout companies have a disclaimer on their products that says: Grout colors shown here may not accurately represent the actual color of the installed grout because of job-site conditions, product preparation, installation methods, lighting, and the type of tile or stone utilized. They do this to protect themselves in situations like your own.

Unfortunately, they are correct about alot of it; often the type of water can influence the outcome, as well as, using too much water to clean the tiles; grout should firm up and be cleaned as dry as possible. Grout needs to be mixed as close as possible to instructions.

If the color is far off, and you think you have done everything correctly, you can contact the company and maybe they will compensate you in some way. Another option is to purchase grout stain/ paint that can be applied to the grout to get the desired color.

If you should need further help on this question, please reply to this post.

It is my objective to make sure that your question is answered to your complete satisfaction.

Best of Luck,

Brian

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon, if you feel that I have met this requirement.

This is a FEE based website & your payment allows us to be here for you.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK; it is important to me

BONUSES are appreciated.