Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

My Williams wall heater pilot light wont stay lit even ...

Customer Question

My Williams wall heater pilot light wont stay lit even if I hold it down for 2 minutes. What is going on?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. This is an indication that your thermocouple is defective. Remove the thermocouple and take it to any hardware or home improvement and they will match the length and provide you with a replacement thermocouple. When you reinstall the thermocouple just male sure the flame on the pilot light is hitting the thermocouple. See the image below. It may not be exactly like yours but it will be similar.

graphic

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave feedback.