Inactive
Inactive, Electrician
Experience:  ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------
5968364

show wiring schematic for three phase air compressor

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What do you have to work with?

Is there a contactor ?

A pressure switch ?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Excel air comp.mfg 1993,200PSI,45CFM,220 3phase,10hp Baldor. Contactor:GECR7CF-11-;adjustable overload:GECR7G1TU,25-32A;yes on pressure switch(connects to GECR7XA11B). We are welding and machine shop. Normal uses include coolant pumps,die grinders,impact wrench,etc. Thank you for your time and patience, Mike@MTW.
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Is it a packaged unit or are you trying to put it togeather ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am trying to assemble the components. The motor is out of the box, the contactor is used but not mounted, as is the pressure limit switch. There are no schematics nor wires connected. I have enough background knowledge of controls to know the electrician I hired was not as he claimed,I was too busy at the time. Now is crunch time! At this point I am installing/mounting components. My main query is how to wire correctly. Thanx, Mike@MTW
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.

Hello

What voltage is the coil on the contactor ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HP3PH/V as follows: 7.5/200;10/230;20/460;25/575                      This is as listed on contactor. We are using a 10HP/230V motor. Thanx Mike.
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
.
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
Here is a diagram using devices that should match your components closely. Now they may not look exactly the same, but the connections will be the same in all devices. If you have any questions at all in relation to this schematic, please dont hesitate to ask. Have a great night.
graphic

***I am a Verified state "Licensed" electrical contractor, not an internet researcher - I will work hard to give you the exact answers you seek and work you through any problem you may have***

Please press the “Accept” button if my answer has helped. This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!!!

Inactive, Electrician
Experience: ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.

Hello

If the coil not the contacts is 220 volt thad diagram will work fine

But if the coil is rated 110 volt You will either need a transformer or a netural wire also

The only other thing it lacks is an on off switch