Edward
Edward , Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

My stove top keeps trying to ignite even though all burners ...

My stove top keeps trying to ignite even though all burners are off (yes, I check that all burners are in fact off). They clicking sound increases when I actually turn a burner on, but still continues at half the rate when off.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the make and model of the stove?

How long have you owned the stove?

What have you tried to correct the problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Here is some general information I can supply without the information I requested above. Make sure the electrode, which is a small metal piece that the spark comes off from is clean and the holes in the burner are clean. Use a pin or paper clip to clean out the burner holes. Check for are the ignition switches under the surface control knobs, the switches can twist and break. This keep the spark module on and the spark clicking even when the burner is light. Another possibility is a bad spark module, which would need to be replaced. If the switch got wet by a pan boiling over or cleaning the stove, a hair dryer can be used to dry it out.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Edward's Post: Hi,
It's a Magic Chef. I partially opened the lid that houses all the ignition and gas lines to clean the area. You can't remove the lid completely without removing the gas lines so I only opened it part way. Then when I plugged the oven back into the wall the problem started. I disconnected each burners ignition to isolate the problem but that didn't work so I jiggled the module control unit and it's now working. Should I take it any further or leave alone?
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

I would imagine in cleaning the area you got some moisture in the controls. If it is working now, you do not need to do anything else. Congratulations on fixing your own appliance.

Regards,

Edward

graphic