Inactive
Inactive , Electrician
Experience:  ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------
5968364

how much would it cost to move a fuse box 20 feet to another

Customer Question

present fuse box is in bathroom next to sink we want to move fuse box into another room
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.
Are you looking at this from a homeowner perspective in terms of doing the work yourself - or are you looking at what the cost would be from a contractor perspective.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Joseph's Post: we are going to have a licenced contractor
to do the work
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.
Given that most contractors will charge between $45 to $70/hr for doing this work, you will be looking at about 4-6 hours to do the work and about $200 / $300 for parts. So when its all said and done you will be looking at about $600 / $800 for the install. Now grant this is an estimate. It may be a little higher or lower depending on the contractor - the experience of the installer and how easy or hard the move will be. Without actually seeing where the panel is now and where its going it would be very difficult for me to nail down a price. But the figures that I gave you should be pretty accurate.

Hope this helps you out. If you need anything further dont hesitate to ask. Have a great night.

***I am a Verified state "Licensed" electrical contractor, not an internet researcher - I will work hard to give you the exact answers you seek and work you through any problem you may have***

Please press the “Accept” button if my answer has helped. This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!!!