Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

When I open my garage door. It opens half way and gets ...

When I open my garage door. It opens half way and gets stuck. If I apply upward pressure on the garage door, it opens the rest of the way. What can I do to fix the garage door? (I have lubricated everything, but that has not fixed the problem.) Thanks for your assistance.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Start by testing the opener, you should be able to disconnect the door and open it manually. If the door tends to stick in the same spot, when manually opening then you know it is not the opener. If the door rolls smoothly, then the opener is either missing a tooth in the gear system or the door is too heavy for the opener.

If the door is sticking, when manually opening then I would inspect all tracks for bent areas, inspect all rollers and inspect all springs/ pulleys/ wires are operating correctly and not getting caught or rubbing severely on other parts.

If you should need further help on this question, please reply to this post.

It is my objective to make sure that your question is answered to your complete satisfaction.

Best of Luck,

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon, if you feel that I have met this requirement.

This is a FEE based website & your payment allows us to be here for you.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK; it is important to me

BONUSES are appreciated.