Edward
Edward, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

On my gas burner, igniter keeps on clicking, and

On my gas burner, igniter keeps on clicking, and can anybody tell me how to stop it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. Is this on a stove or what appliance?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is on Jenn-Air Range Coolktops.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Unplugging you stove will stop the clicking and will be needed before attempting any of this information. Here are a few things you will need to check. Make sure the electrode, the small metal piece that the spark comes off from, is clean and the holes in the burner are clean, use a pin or paper clip to clean out the burner holes. The next thing to check for are the ignition switches under the surface control knobs, the switches can twist and break and keep the spark module on and the spark keeps clicking even when the burner is light. If these are OK, you may have a bad spark module, and it will need to be replaced. If you have just cleaned your stove there could be moisture in the controls. Leaving it unpluged over night should correct this problem. You can call Jenn-Air Customer Service 1-800-Jenn-Air, during their hours of operation for specific help if needed.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.