Edward
Edward , Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

my air conditioner keeps freezing up. what do we

Customer Question

my air conditioner keeps freezing up. what do we need to do to fix this problem?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Is this a window unit or a central air unit?

Thank you for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

A air conditioner will freeze up for two reasons. One is low freon. If low freon is the cause the air conditioner has a leak and must be repaired and refilled with someone that is licensed to work with freon. The other reason is restricted air flow. Restricted air flow can be caused by a dirty air filter blocked vents or dirty coils and fins.On a central air conditioner cleaning the A coil requires the furnace be disassembled to get th the A coil. Th A coil should be washed with an acid wash. I recommend this be done by a HVAC service company, but if can be done if you are very careful , mechanically inclined and have the tools necessary to disassemble the furnace. If you have a window air conditioner, let me know and I will give you instructions for cleaning it.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.