Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

How difficult is to remove in-place gutter spikes in order ...

How difficult is to remove in-place gutter spikes in order to re-set the pitch of an existing gutter. The existing pitch does not allow water to drain "down hill" propoerly. Is there a recommended procedure for removal of the spikes to limit damage to the gutter.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 9 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

It is not difficult to remove the gutter spikes, as long as, you are not working too high on a ladder. You are doing a good thing by pitching the gutter to the is very important.

To remove spikes, I would use a large pry bar, with a piece of cloth, wrapped and taped around the end that will contact the gutter front lip. You will also need to cut a wood block that will fit inside the gutter, to back up where there will be exerted pressure from the pry bar. With all this in position, only apply enough force to loosen the spike. And watch the gutter for bending, to prevent damage.

Safety comes first, so please make sure you are on a stable ladder/ platform, especially if high up.

If you should need further help on this question, please reply to this post.

It is my objective to make sure that my answer completely satisfies your question.

Please click the green "ACCEPT" icon if you feel that I have met this requirement.

Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated!!!

Best of Luck,

When using Just Answer, remember that your "ACCEPT" is required for me to receive payment for the time that I spent, helping you to answer your question. This is a FEE based website and without your payment, the site might not be here for your use.