Edward
Edward , Handyman
Experience:  Handyman, Master Gardener
3134513

I installed instalation and drywall in my garage and ...

Customer Question

I installed instalation and drywall in my garage and electrical outlets in my garage without a city permit. However I still park my car inside, do I still need a permit? I'm in california

Thanks,
not sure
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

In most locations anytime this type of work is preformed a permit and inspection is required. Living in California I am sure it is required. Another problem most people do not think about is if there was ever a fire in your home. The homeowners insurance can and will deny any payment if it is found the work was not preformed by a licensed electrician.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.