Josh , Construction and Mechanical
Experience:  Construction / Remodeling and Related Fields / Mechanical Repair
4227595

I have Maytag washer Model #LA512; Series-04; Serial# XXXXX

Customer Question

I have Maytag washer Model #LA512; Series-04; Serial# XXXXX TC. Sometimes when pull dial to wash it humms. By playing with the water level lever pushing it up to reset it will strart working but at ex-large load water level. Can you tell me what may need to be replaced? Or fixed? Thanks!
P.M. Watson [email protected]
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Josh replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like your water level switch is going bad. This part is located directly behind the top control panel, and is actually part of the selector switch where you choose the load size. This selection correlates with how much water the switch will allow into the washer.

Below is a link to the above mentioned part. You will need to remove the front control panel to get to the switch. I would first check the connection. Make sure it is tight. But more than likely this part is failing internally and will require replacement if you deem this repair cost-effective.

I hope this answer helps, and thank you for your question.

water level switch for your model

Expert:  Josh replied 9 years ago.

Here is a little more information for you. Image here.

You will need to remove the two console screws and the front control panel will then fold downward, revealing the various switches and connections.

Thanks,