Josh, Construction and Mechanical
Experience:  Construction / Remodeling and Related Fields / Mechanical Repair
4227595

I HAVE A GE DRYER MODEL DDE5100RALWH. I DISASSEMBLED THE ...

Customer Question

I HAVE A GE DRYER MODEL DDE5100RALWH. I DISASSEMBLED THE DRUM TO REPLACE THE HEATING COILS. HOW DO I REINSTALL THE DRUM AND REPLACE THE DRUM BEARING. NOT SURE THE CORRECT ORDER OF EVENTS TO REPLACE. THANKS PAUL
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Josh replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer

And thank you for your question.

Well as I'm sure you already know, this model is considered an "older" style dryer. Since your dryer is already disassembled, all you need to do in order to replace the drum bearing is remove the plastic sleeve from the rear of the drum. This sleeve is what they consider a bearing. See diagram below.

As for putting it all back together, just reverse the process in the link below and you should be in good shape. If you are still having problems, I have included a link below for the service manual that will cover your particular model.

I would also have a look at the front drum glides, and replace if necessary. Below is a link with an image for you.

I hope this answer helps you with your problem, and feel free to ask or add any additional comments.

Thanks again,

how to take apart your model *** reverse for assembly

rear bearing location

front drum glides location

service manual that will cover your model *** just in case you need it

another diagram of the drum assembly *** #543 is the drum bearing