Internet ToolMan
Internet ToolMan, Handyman and AC Repairs
Experience:  25 years exp in the field HVAC Technician .

I had a concrete slab (2x2 slabs)patio put in my

Customer Question

I had a concrete slab (2x2 slabs)patio put in my backyard. The contract did not dig so the slaps are raised and on one side he left a 2 foot drop which is partially filled with soil, so when it rains it's all going to wash away.   What can I do to provent the side from washing away? He also blocked the door to my shed, so I'm not able to open it.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Internet ToolMan replied 6 years ago.
Not much you can do for a a uneven slab.
One way is to completely remove the damaged section of cement slab and then re-pour it.
Slabjacking is an alternative to replacing sunken or uneven concrete
Both of these methods require you get a contractor to do the job.
unless you plan on renting some expensive equipment.

I would have him come back out and fix it if you paid him all of your money your going to have a hard time getting him back out.
I always pay half and the other half when the job is done by local contractors.
Remember that scam rhymes with scram, and that’s what bad contractors do. They don’t stick around to finish the job because they are unwilling to make the investment of time and money required to run a legitimate contracting business.
about the only real thing you can do is to report him to the Better Business Bureau and sue him for dammages if he is unwilling to help fix it.

you can take the door off the hinges and cut some off the bottom and you should be able to get in then measure how far you need to cut first. sometime you can just eyeball it but it's tricky work.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Handyman Consultant01's Post: What can I do about the 1 1/2 foot drop. the slaps are being held up by packed soil on one side and that's it. If it rains the dirt is going to wash away. The section that is open is 10 feet long with a the drop along the entire side.

Will planting a ground cover hold the soil in tack?
You could put some Gravel down
Gravel will not wash away with the rains or water flow.
theres lots of cheap ways to fix that with landscape or even grass.
Experience: 25 years exp in the field HVAC Technician .
Sand or gravel then put soil on top and put grass down to make it all look pretty.
if you have a picture I could give you some ideas but it's a little hard to figgure out without a picture of what im trying to fill.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Handyman Consultant01's Post: Great, I will try to get a picture tonight.

Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Have a lovely evening.
Not a problem I will respond as soon as I can.