Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

what causes oily residue in my drinking water

Customer Question

There is an oily residue in my water. I've washed my hair 3 times and it's oily - I've changed my shampoo so it's not the shampoo or any hair care product. I'm concerned as to what this means to my drinking water.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Can you run some tap water into a clean cup or bowl and let me know if you see oil on top of it?

Do you live in an apartment or a house?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: Apartment. It seemed to have gone away at this point. But I did see an "oil slick" in my toilet bowl after it had been standing. No color to it, it was clear, but it was still noticable.
Expert:  Rich replied 9 years ago.
Hi .. does the water have any particular odor to it .. ?? has there been any repair work done in the apartments recently that you know of ?? do you have hot water baseboard heat in the apartment??