Dennis M. Smith
Dennis M. Smith, Construction Consultant
Experience:  Over 40 yrs. as General Contractor for new const. & remodel - retired with time for you.
1967213

how do you unclog a drain that has bacon grease in it

Customer Question

I have clogged my kitchen sink with bacon grease...how do I unclog it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Dennis M. Smith replied 9 years ago.

Remove as much standing water and water in the drain opening as possible. Bring a large container of water to a hard boil and pout into the drain. Don't pour it all at once just a little to get it started then a lot more. Once it is draining then run tap water as hot as possible for at least 3 minutes. Doing a load of laundry right after this would also be helpful to flush the main line drain of the grease.

If the initial boiling water doesn't release the grease you will need to purchase a commercial drain cleaner product from the local home improvement store.

Dennis (cut2it)

Note: Hold off on selecting the "accept" button if you have additional questions. If this answer works for you go ahead and make the "acceptance" and you may then, also use the "feedback" feature. With this you may leave input on the quality of my answer. This JA Web Site uses this input to evaluate it's contributing "experts" on an on going basis. Thank you in advance for doing this.. Dennis