Debbie
Debbie, Landscaper
Experience:  Master Gardner, 25 years experience. Home Improvement Specialist.
4055370

HOW DO YOU SOFTEN JEANS OTHER THAN USING FABRIC SOFTENER

Customer Question

HOW DO YOU SOFTEN JEANS OTHER THAN USING FABRIC SOFTENER? WHAT CAN I USE TO SOFTEN NEW JEANS?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Debbie replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This is an old trick that really works: Fill your machine with enough water to cover all the jeans you want to soften. Add one to two cups of regular table salt depending on how many jeans (I usually use 1 cup per pair of jeans). Do not add any washing powder in this load. Let the machine agitate for a few minutes to mix and disolve the salt. Turn the machine off and let jeans set for a few hours. Then turn the machine back on to complete the cycle.(or at least let it go through rinse cylce). Now you are ready to run them through a wash cycle with some detergent. This is the way we used to soften the old style stiff as board jeans. Hope this helped.