Ms Chase
Ms Chase , Handywoman
Experience:  Landscaping, Gardening, Pests, Interior/Exterior Decorating, Feng Shui, Pools/Ponds
1042561

HOW MANY POUNDS OF POTATOES SHOULD YOU PEEL TO MAKE MASHED ...

Customer Question

HOW MANY POUNDS OF POTATOES SHOULD YOU PEEL TO MAKE MASHED POTATOES FOR 30 PEOPLE
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hi Melvin,

I persoanally would do 3, 10 pound bags. That allots a pound of mashed potatoes per person. Not that everyone will eat a pound, but some will go back for seconds, and you may have a small amount for leftovers. I like to have too much rather than too little, so I err on the side of caution and make more.

I add milk a little at a time, a little sour cream, some salt, and butter. I also take whole garlic heads and wrap them in foil and bake them for about an hour, when you take them out, you can squeeze the cloves right into the bowlm and mash the soft garlic right in with the potatoes...it's amazing.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask, it costs nothing to click reply. If this has helped, please remember to click the green accept button.

Warmly,

Chase