handi51, Handyman
Experience:  I've done almost every type of repair and small structure construction for 28 years.

How to skirt a mobile home cheaply

14X66 ft mobile home. How do I skirt it myself? What materials can I use? How do I do it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  handi51 replied 10 years ago.
A simple, but neat and economical method would be to buy 4'x 8' sheets of lattice (lattice is the material that is diagonal strips crossing each other at a 90 degree angle- often used in gardens to let plants climb ) from your local home center...this material could be either the pressure treated wood type or the white PVC should be able to cut this lenghtwise to probably give you two or three 8 foot strips/sheet, so at a few dollars/sheet and 16-24 feet/sheet it shouldn't take too many sheets to skirt your entire trailer you can build a simple frame of pressure treated 2x2s to attach the lattice to... if you chose the pressure treated you could either paint or stain it to suit your taste, and the white PVC could be left as is for a low maintainence addition...there are many other material you could use for the skirt including landscaping blocks or landscaping ties but these run in to considerably more expense and labor time or cost...I wish you well and if I can be of further assistance feel free to write